Usually people would not pay attention to this small thing when maintaining the floor drain. But we often encounter the phenomenon of floor drain blocking. The main reason is that there is too many garbage in it that we haven't clean up in time, so we cannot wait until the last stink and blocking to deal with it. Then how to properly maintain and clean floor drain? The following is to teach you how to maintain the floor drain and how to replace and clean floor drain bathroom. Please have a look carefully, I am sure that it will help you.
Daily maintenance method of floor drain - cleaning method
1. Cleaning tools: Buckets, brushes, water pipes, rubber gloves, etc
2. Cleaning methods: When disassembling and cleaning, the sundries on the partition board shall be cleaned first to prevent the sundries from falling into the sewer. Then use the brush to clean the floor drain parts and add some detergent to clean them. Then disinfect and deodorize the sewer and reinstall the floor drain.
Daily maintenance method of floor drain - maintenance method
Floor drain is an important drainage outlet, and the sewage is often easy to hide something like hair, solid stains, etc. If it cannot pass through the floor drain, the floor drain will often be blocked, affecting the drainage. Therefore, in daily life, we need to pay attention to the correct maintenance of floor drain.
1. Regular water injection is required for water sealed floor drain
If the equipment is a water seal floor drain (Floor drain strainer), we should pay attention to avoid sealing of water and it must be regularly irrigated by water. If do not use for a long time, we’d better to use the cover to seal the floor drain, reduce the water evaporation together, also play the role of sealing.
Self-sealing floor drain does not need water sealing floor drain, and its sealing is often realized by mechanical equipment such as tension spring and magnet. For example, the elasticity of tension spring is weakened with the increase of application time, and the magnetism of magnet is weakened due to the absorption of iron in water. Therefore, it is necessary to check whether the function of the self-sealing floor drain is good during a period of time, and replace it in time if there exists a problem.
The floor drain bathroom needs to be cleaned regularly. When cleaning the floor drain, the sundries on the cover plate should be cleaned first to avoid sundries entering the sewer. Then take off the cover plate, use the brush to clean floor drain, and add some detergent to clean them. Then disinfect and deodorize the sewer and re-equip the floor drain. Do not open the screen cover of floor drain to drain water, and do not pour food residues into floor drain directly.
If the floor drain is not tightly sealed in the equipment, water may seep in the later stage. When the problem is serious, turn over the floor tiles around the floor drain, dig out the cement in 3cm depth, and then seal it with "plugging spirit". Close the water test 1-2 hours later. If there is no water seepage, the problem will be solved.
Compared with the old houses, most of the floor drain bathroom seals fail to work, and it is also very troublesome to change the floor drain. At this time, the simpler method is to replace the floor drain core and select the built-in floor drain core of appropriate size to be insert, so that it is not necessary to disassemble the whole ceramic tile to replace the floor drain.
As we all know, no material can be used forever. If there is any defect, it needs to be replaced. Floor drain strainer is no exception. At this time, we will be concerned about whether the replacement of floor drain should be made waterproof. If you think it is unnecessary, it’s no need to do. If you are worried about water leakage, you may as well make it waterproof!
2. How to replace the floor drain？1. Before replacing the floor drain, it is necessary to know the basic information such as the material and specification of the old floor drain clearly. At home, the common floor drain is (10 * 10cm) square floor drain and (12cm) circular floor drain; The diameter of the general water pipe is 50mm. Pay attention to the size of the new floor drain and the old floor drain.
2. Slowly open the old floor drain and the joint with tools, lift the cement around, and then tap the floor drain to separate it from the cement; Clean the surrounding with a slot, and pay attention to the drain pipe to be plugged to avoid debris falling in.1. Before replacing the floor drain, it is necessary to know the basic information such as the material and specification of the old floor drain clearly. At home, the common floor drain is (10 * 10cm) square floor drain and (12cm) circular floor drain; The diameter of the general water pipe is 50mm. Pay attention to the size of the new floor drain and the old floor drain.1. Before replacing the floor drain, it is necessary to know the basic information such as the material and specification of the old floor drain clearly. At home, the common floor drain is (10 * 10cm) square floor drain and (12cm) circular floor drain; The diameter of the general water pipe is 50mm. Pay attention to the size of the new floor drain and the old floor drain.
3. After cleaning, apply the cement putty around. The cement putty is also applied around the new floor drain in order to make it firmly combined with the ground, and the excess cement is cleaned. Before installing a new floor drain strainer, take out the anti-odor core to prevent hard objects from entering the core and affecting the use effect.
4. The new floor drain panel should be aligned with the ceramic tile and should not be higher than the ceramic tile, and glass glue or cement should be applied around and dried; The anti-odor core should be installed after installation; It is recommended to clean the anti-odor core once a month, with better use effect.
1. Before the installation of floor drain bathroom, the core of floor drain must be taken out to avoid sundries falling into the interior and causing damage. The purpose of the floor drain is to drain, so it is below the ground. Before installation, if the drainpipe is close to the ground, the drainpipe shall be cut short to ensure that the floor drain panel is lower than the ground.
2. In order to ensure the overall effect, the position of floor drain shall not be lower than the ground too much. If the drainpipe is far away from the ground, it shall be filled with cement mortar, so that the drain pipe can be increased. Only after the floor drain is installed can the decoration effect be guaranteed
3. The later-on maintenance shall be considered for the installation of floor drain bathroom. When filling the cement mortar, the floor drain shall not be used directly, but shall be rolled into a cylinder matched with the downpipe with one kind of hard paper or rigid material, which shall be connected with the downpipe and higher than the ground, and then filled with cement mortar.
4. The floor drain strainer is connected with the downpipe and is higher than the ground. Fill the mixed mortar into the surrounding space, adjust the floor drain to a proper position, and after the mortar is solidified, put the floor drain into the pipe and closely fit with the pipe wall. 5. The floor drain used by the washing machine can be selected as a special floor drain or connector, of course, it can also be used as a common floor drain, just insert the drainpipe into the floor drain and fix it.
The above is the related knowledge about how to replace the floor drain, and its daily maintenance. I believe that through the above experience sharing, you will gain some experience in the maintenance of the floor drain. I hope this experience will help you a lot.